Protecting Those You Love Through Home Alarm Systems
Article by Jon Jacobson
Ideally homes are a sanctuary. A place to relax, unwind and feel safe and secure in an isolated environment. People spend so much of their time at home whether sleeping, eating working or just relaxing. Unfortunately the ideal and reality are rarely congruent and it is important to make every effort to protect yourself and those you love within your home.
One of the easiest and most cost effective ways to stave off intruders is to install a home alarm system. A home alarm is designed to alert the police and the inhabitant of unwarranted activity or advancement into the house. There are several home security systems to choose from and most companies will include installation into the purchase price. There are also companies that offer stickers or labels that can be placed on windows or front doors to alert potential intruders that the house is monitored and that they enter at the risk of getting caught.
When choosing home alarm systems make sure that the company offers 24/7 service and inquire about the cost of upgrading to video monitoring. In small homes or apartments, a home alarm should be sufficient but the larger the premises is the more important it is to have video surveillance so that activity can be easily monitored.
Some tips to consider when choosing a home security system:
* Is it easy to use? (Can adults and children easily activate/deactivate the alarm as needed? A complex system with a long, convoluted code defeats the purpose as it leads to frustration and often prohibits those that should have access to the home from entering.
* Do they offer 24/7 customer support for assistance with a faulty device or any issues that may arise?
* In the event of an emergency, how quick is the company’s response system?
* Does the company specialize in residential home security or do they cater to different facets of the industry?
* Has the equipment been tested? Does it meet current safety standards and is it certified by a reputable laboratory?
* Is it reasonably priced and affordable? Does the company offer competitive pricing?
* Does the company utilize clearly marked trucks and badges for their employees? (This is a huge one! You do not want to allow strangers in your home without being able to trust that they are part of a reputable company. Especially in such a vulnerable situation as the security of your home.
To purchase a home and not take the proper security precautions is the equivalent of driving without car insurance. It is just dangerous and irresponsible. Seeing as how there are so many companies that offer competitive pricing and truly reputable products there is no reason not to elect to protect yourself and those you love. Everyone deserves to feel safe and installing an alarm system is a good way to at the very least, feel safe within your own home. With a little bit of research and foresight securing your home and protecting those you love, can be easy, affordable and is well worth looking into.
About the Author
Affordable and professional service can be found at adt and get one of their security systems.